Child Protection Policy of ‘Let’s Leap!’
In its policies, practices and activities, ‘Let’s Leap’ will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare:
- recognizes that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations;
- will fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters
- adopts safe practices to minimise the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and
- protects workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may leave themselves open to accusations of abuse or neglect;
- develops a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the education of their children; and
- fully respects confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters.
This policy* is adopted by Let’s Leap on 1 September 2015
Signed: Máire O’Brien, Tutor
* This policy is taken from the template recommended by the Department of Education and Skills, in their ‘Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools’.