‘SUPER CODERS’ After-School Programme September 2018-2019
Lycée Francais d’Irlande, Foxrock
Remarque: Pour la traduction Française, s’il vous plaît cliquer sur l’icône. Traduire sur le côté droit à l’écran.
Note: For French translation, please click on the icon on the right of the screen.
CLASSES WILL RUN Mondays and Thursdays, starting Thursday 30 August 2018
APPLYING FOR A PLACE
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check for a place.
DATES and TIMES
- Mon – 3.45 – 4.45 pm – 7 – 9 year old
- Mon – 4.45 – 5.45 pm 9 years +
- Thur – 3.45 – 4.45 pm 7 – 9 years
- Thur – 4.45 – 5.45 pm 9 years +
As the children work through materials at their own pace on their own learning path, the classes are divided by age rather than computer experience.
- €135 for first term – 10% discount for a second child, and 5% for annual payment, €9 per class.
- €20 to rent the Raspberry Pi for the year OR
- €65 to buy the Raspberry Pi mini computer for children,
- buyable through this website at bulk discount for your convenience.
INTERNATIONAL CODING PROGRAM
This is a great opportunity for your child to learn the concepts of programming in a fun way. Your child will be working on their own program, working through materials at their own pace. While making their own games they will be:
- learning the importance of logical order while putting commands in the right to make their cool character move
- learning about hardware by putting together their computer, as the children assemble their computer station each class, learning about cables and more.
- learning about software by upgrading their operating system and more
French Language Program
Two of the main online programs we use, ‘Scratch’ and ‘Code.Org’ are translatable into at least 24 languages, including French. So children without English can do this course too.
Your child will be using a Raspberry Pi, a mini computer designed in the UK especially to make it affordable for children to learn computers like coding and electronics. It comes pre-programmed with many educational programs.
Small classes guaranteed with about 8 children per class to help each child can get enough attention.
All communication regarding this program is through email@example.com or 086 1927 260.
Online coding programmes we use.
‘Hour of Code’ game from code.org that the children use in LFI.