Super Coder News June 2020:
Thank you for supporting the coding program in LFI.
The main programs that the children have been using are Scratch, Python and the code.org website. Scratch and Python are the two programs that are used in the Irish secondary school computer courses and exams.
Breaking news: the certs from European Space Agency for the older students have just arrived for the short programs written in Python, which ran on the Raspberry Pi in the International Space Station orbiting the earth in space in May. More info: https://astro-pi.org/missions/mission-zero/
By bank lodgement or online card payment:
Payment option 1: Directly to bank account. Please email me for bank details.
Please use your child’s name as the reference on the bank transfer!!!
- €79 for Jan – March. 10% discount for child 2 is €71
- €170 for Jan – June (includes €25 discount as teaching online is cheaper than renting school class room)
- €315 for the year (includes discount, as above)
- PLUS €25 to rent a Pi for the year or €12 for late starters.
Payment option 2 – online with bank card: includes additional Paypal charge.
- You will be forwarded to Paypal, a secure shopping site, and you do not need a Paypal account.
- Paypal sends a notice of your payment by way of an automatically generated email to me.
DATA PROTECTION FORM
Thank you to the parents who have completed this form, but there are still some parents who still need to complete it. This is required to comply with the Data Protection Act to say that you, as a parent, agree that your child can go online.
The sites used are professional internationally recognised educational sites for children, and your child will be encouraged to create an alias ID online to protect their digital privacy. There are several child protection filters in place to help create a child friendly online environment, and monitors are visible during class.