Coding for Children
Children are having fun learning to write code and being creative making their own games. Why is this important?
It encourages ‘computational thinking‘ …
- it helps children write commands in a logical order in order to make their program work,
- understand the order in which the computer systems work.
- the children can learn skills to make up their own games
Social skills …
- the children learn to work in pairs to make games
- and create artificial worlds as a team on the network playing Minecraft.
Technical know how …
- the child learn to put together their computers at the beginning of class and learn how to troubleshoot.
- Last year most learnt how to upgrade their operating system when a new major upgrade appeared
We use professional online programs for children to learn which are tried and tested …
Programs like ….
- an online program developed in the USA for children aged 8+ to learn skills and share collaboratively online
- an online program for children aged 6+ to have fun learning doing puzzles which integrate computing ideas so they learn doing games
The Super Coders course is being run from September in Lycee Francais d’Irlande