Super Coders Program – Fun Learning for Children
Children love to play and it’s a great way for them to learn. They can have fun making their own computer games, while learning to program.
Computational thinking …
- by learning to write commands in a logical order in order to make their program work,
- by understanding the order in which the computer systems work.
- by giving children the skills to make their own games
Social skills …
- the children learn to work in pairs to make games
- and create artificial worlds as a team on the network playing Minecraft
Professional online programs for children that are tried and tested are:
- an online program developed by the prestigious organisation, MIT lab, in the USA for children aged 8+ to learn skills and share collaboratively online
- an online program for children aged 6+ to have fun learning doing puzzles which integrate computing ideas so they learn doing games