Super Coders Program – Fun Learning for Children
This program is being run after school, during term time, for children in Lycée Francais d’Irlande.
The children learn to make their own computer games, while learning to program.
Computational thinking …
- by learning to write commands in a logical order in order to make their program work,
- understand the order in which the computer systems work.
- the children can learn skills to make up their own games
Social skills …
- the children learn to work in pairs to make games
- and create artificial worlds as a team on the network playing Minecraft.
Technical know how …
- the children learn to put together their computers at the beginning of class and learn how to troubleshoot.
We use professional online programs for children to learn which are tried and tested …
Programs like ….
- an online program developed by the prestigious organisation, MIT lab, in the USA for children aged 8+ to learn skills and share collaboratively online
- an online program for children aged 6+ to have fun learning doing puzzles which integrate computing ideas so they learn doing games