Registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland
Máire is interested in the educational benefits of using computers, at home, school and in the office. There is lots of fun to be had, things to find out about and to create using technology.
She has helped hundreds of people of all ages and abilities to enjoy using computers and become more computer literate, including those with special needs. She is particularly interested in integrating professional online courses to provide a blended, attractive learning experience to people of all ages and abilities.
She has worked in the area of education and technology since 1995, working in further education college, community education college and secondary school for autism.
COMPUTERS FOR CHILDREN
She is running an after-school programme for primary school children promoting computer skills, helping children to have fun learning. She is very keen that students have a great foundation in the core skill of computer literacy and maths for further learning.
ONE-TO-ONE TUITION AT HOME AND IN THE OFFICE
She provides tuition in homes to students with dyslexia – integrating professional online programmes into education to provide a more visual and creative approach to education, often attractive to those with dyslexia.
She also helps adults using programmes such as Microsoft Office and the Google suite to become comfortable and efficient using computers in their home or office.
Post-graduate courses in education and teaching:
- ‘Post Graduate Diploma in E-Learning, Education and Management’ 2014, Dublin City University
- ‘Post Graduate Certificate in Education’ (History and CSPE – Secondary Schools), University College Dublin
- ‘Astro Pi‘ Training Day – Trinity Science Gallery, 2018.
- ‘ABC of Autism’, evening course Blackrock Further Education Institute, 2017/18.
- ‘Dyslexia Training’ Certificate, week long course, Dyslexia Association of Ireland, 2016
- ‘‘Using the Scratch Program to develop Numeracy’ , evening, Dublin West Education Centre, 2015
- ‘Child Protection‘, day course 2015, Coder Dojo Association
- ‘Using ICT for Literacy and Numeracy in Junior Classes‘, Blackrock Education Centre, 2015