Registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland
Máire has worked in the area of education and technology since 1995 promoting digital literary and helping hundreds of people of all ages and abilities to enjoy using computers and become more computer literate, including those with learning difficulties. She is particularly interested in integrating professional online courses to provide a blended learning experience.
Computing for Children:
She is running after-school clubs for primary school children promoting computer skills for six years, helping children to have fun learning. She is very keen that students have a great foundation in core skills of computers, literacy, and numeracy for further learning or the workplace.
She provides tuition in homes and offices in Microsoft Office program, the free online Google programs, maths and other useful skills to students, home workers, office workers and the retired.
She also provides in-house technical support for stand alone computers in offices and homes.
She has taught and examined nationally recognised computer courses certified by FETAC, FAS, ECDL, FIT in a community education centre, improving digital inclusivity in the local disadvantaged area.
She helped run an NVQ 2 access course to further education for teenagers with learning difficulties in a further education college in the UK, focussing on improving the core skills of literacy, numeracy and digital literacy.
Post-graduate courses in education and teaching:
- ‘Post Graduate Diploma in E-Learning, Education and Management’ 2014, Dublin City University
- ‘Post Graduate Certificate in Education’ (History and CSPE – Secondary Schools), University College Dublin
- ‘Further Adult Education Teaching Certificate’, NVQ 4, City & Guilds‘
- ‘Teaching basic skills of literacy and numeracy‘ certificate, NVQ, City & Guilds
‘Continuing Professional Development’ courses in education:
- ‘Dyslexia Training’ Certificate, Dyslexia Association of Ireland, 2016
- ‘Film Making in the Classroom’, by FÍS, 2016, Dublin West Education Centre
- ‘Promoting Positive Behaviour and Well-being in the Classroom’, Blackrock Education Centre, 2015
- ‘Using the Scratch Program to develop Numeracy’ , Dublin West Education Centre, 2015
- ‘Child Protection‘, day course 2015, Coder Dojo Association
- ‘Using ICT for Literacy and Numeracy in Junior Classes‘, Blackrock Education Centre, 2015
- ‘Counselling Certificate’ Level 1